WHAT A LOT OF ACTIVITIES FOR ALL THE AGES AND ALL THE WISHES!
The path lined with lavender and roses invites you to leave the property, by foot or by bike to discover the splendid Provençal countryside. The panorama offered to you is superb: the Mont Ventoux and the Dentelles de Montmirail are behind corn fields strewn with poppies, asparagus fields and vineyards, and below the lovely village of Mazan delights your eyes under the sparkling sky.
Strolling along the lanes around the property and depending on the season, you can walk beside the vineyards loaded with succulent sun-ripened grapes, orchards of cherries, the branches laden with fruit.
Provence is a very cultural area all year long:
- Come and amuse yourselves in the country of festivals. The choice is enormous at the well -known Avignon festival, the dance festival in the antique theatre of Vaison la Romaine, opera at the Chorégies of Orange, photos in Arles.. There are festivals in small and natural theatres in the provencal villages of Gordes, Robion, Lacoste, La Roque d'Anthéron.... Musical and theatrical environments for all tastes.
- Visit the monuments full of history: the Palace of the popes and the bridge in Avignon, Roman vestiges at Vaisons la Romaine, the abbey of Sénanque...
The leisure activities
- Come to amuse in the country of festivals, so numerous as the choice will sometimes confuse you:
* The renowned festival of Avignon ( 1300 events), concerts and dance shows in the ancient theatres of Vaison la Romaine, Orange, Arles.. The atmosphere is sublime
*The festivals in the open-air theatres of many villages as Gordes, Robion, Lacoste, Roque d' Anthéron: a theatrical or musical atmosphere for all the tastes
- Mingle in the atmosphere of the villages, of the provençal markets with their artists, provençal handicrafts, stands of fruit and vegetables gorged with sun, scents...
-Walk leisurely in the antique markets and don't miss the antique market of Isle sur la Sorgue which is internationally recognised.
- Visit the exhibitions of painters, sculptors, manufacturers of “santons” , Luberon ocres.
- The children will be enchanted with the zoo of Barben, the castle of the Circus at Piolenq, the educational farms, the lakes, the ocre of the Luberon.
- Go have fun in the parks in search of sensations at Wave Island, the large aquatic park in Avignon, the Spirou park
You have around you sporting activities for all tastes and ages
- Mazan is in the heart of the most beautiful provençal walking country: the Luberon, Mont Ventoux, Sault the country of the lavender, Fontaine de Vaucluse, are around offering a large variety of landscapes.
Discover its hills, its gorges, its stone villages, its orchards with the trees collapsing under the weight of the fruits, its fields of lavender, its olive trees, its rivers...
- Try the ascent of the Mont Ventoux by bike, as used in the Tour de France.
- Jogging, cycling and mountain biking are the most popular sports in Provence, and there are many possibilities.
- Travel through the rolling valleys of the Lubéron, of Toulourenc, the plateau of Sault: the road surface and the slope are good.
- Fly over the Mont Ventoux, the Dentelles de Montmirail, the Luberon in a glider or plane. The aerodrome is very near (6Kms). Why not jump into paragliding?
-Gallop or horse-ride quietly in the hills and the lanes: Mazan has a riding school for children and adults.
- Go down the Sorgue in a Canoe or Kayak is pure and refreshing and you can admire rare species of fish.
- Climb the sites round about Mazan: Venasque, Montmirail, Lioux, Bedoin, Buis les Barronnies....
- Benefit from tennis in the village.
- Play golf at: Saumane Provence country club kms, 9 short holes and 18 holes (22 Kms away), Grand Avignon (Vedène): Kms, 9 short holes and 18 holes, Avignon Château blanc: 9 holes and 18 holes
- Walk during the summer in the cool water of the Toulourenc, or simply let the children play with sand and swim at Mormoiron or Prato beach.
- Go to tumble down the giants slides of the new big water park Splashworld.
The gastronomy (markets, restaurants, wines)
-- Come to the wineries of the surrounding villages and taste the wine flavoured by the sun: Mazan which has excellent cellars, Beaumes de Venise, Gigondas, Vacquerras, Châteauneuf du Pape.....
- Stroll in the Provençal markets with their fabrics, their displays of fruits, vegetables and sun-kissed spices, their scents, their colours. The most renowned are the ones of Isle on Sorgue and Bedouin.
- go to producers' markets that supply you with fruit and vegetables picked that day to give you your fill of vitamins.
- Find a place on a restaurant terrace to savour the delicious Provençal cooking. Prices are affordable.
You have so many things to do close to the Villa Provence-détente it’s impossible to be bored… And we can help you in your choice.